Error 0x80070057. Cannot install AePAgent. Cannot start service. The parameter is incorrect. (source=AePwd.PwdInstEx.1).

i'm working on my test lab but stuck with this error. not sure which part was wrong. Both source and target domain was established with trust (validate in place). as i also already disable SID filtering in both dc.

Domain acc used for domain pairing is set on Administrators group in mmad sever. No AV was installed and firewall is disable.

source dc is window server 2012 r2 and target dc is windows server 2016

even with SID History untick, the session still failed. 

Anyone know what is wrong here?

Top Replies

Parents
  • password migration and sidhistory leverage an agent on the target. On the source an agent is used for password migration. The agent is failing to install, so that is why it is failing.There is an option to pre-install the agents documented in the product documentation. Use that and install the agent on both the source and target DCs AND set a primary DC/GC In the DSA agent manager for the domains. This should resolve this error. 

• password migration and sidhistory leverage an agent on the target. On the source an agent is used for password migration. The agent is failing to install, so that is why it is failing.There is an option to pre-install the agents documented in the product documentation. Use that and install the agent on both the source and target DCs AND set a primary DC/GC In the DSA agent manager for the domains. This should resolve this error. 

Children