Is it possible to configure QMM to ignore password policy when synchronizing a password?

I have a customer that is using QMM Two-way Dirsync to keep passwords in sync between objects in two separate domains. The sync works as expected, with passwords syncing when the changed password meets the password policy of the domain in which the password change is synced, and erroring out when they don't meet the password policy. The customer is dissatisfied with this result and wants to know if we can force QMM to sync a password even if it doesn't match the password policy. While I do not think this is a good idea, they asked me, and now I'm asking Quest.

Parents
  • You can force QMM to try - which is basically what's going on. You can't force Active Directory to accept though. QMM can work with what AD lets it do - so it's not something you can force QMM to do, it's something you can tell AD to allow - which is to say you'd have to tell AD to relax its policies. There's nothing QMM can tell AD that will "convince" AD to do it. 

• You can force QMM to try - which is basically what's going on. You can't force Active Directory to accept though. QMM can work with what AD lets it do - so it's not something you can force QMM to do, it's something you can tell AD to allow - which is to say you'd have to tell AD to relax its policies. There's nothing QMM can tell AD that will "convince" AD to do it. 

Children