PC client OneDrive permissions

I´m migrating PCs from one source domain to another without any problems but users that have OneDrive that have syncronization enabled get into problems. Permissions are not inherited to the subfolders.
Correct permissions are set to c:\users\OneDrive - company but not on the subfolders c:\users\OneDrive - company\Desktop and so on.
For these users they will not have any desktop icons and local documents.
Any idea how to solve? Is it best to inactivate OneDrive sync before migration, will that help? 

Parents
  • Check to see if they have the "Save space and download files as you use them" turned on.

If you do, then QMM can't change the permissions on the files or folders because "they're not really there". They've been replaced with a pointer, and when the user clicks on them, the OneDrive app tries to download the original from the cloud - and the original in the cloud has the original permissions because it wasn't "touched" by QMM because when it ran, "it wasn't there".

Make sure it's off before you process the machine, and turn it back on if you want *after* the machine is done processing.

• Yes thanks. Because we already have done the sync/migration of users OneDrive and I was doing this with a user who already have done that. My changes wasn´t shown of course. So problem solved. If a user have sync enabled on desktop and so on, they will be there even after migration.

Reply Children
No Data