Error 0xe1100012. Cannot initialize Migration Agent on host "_dc name_" . Error 0x80070005. Access is denied.

Hello, I am experiencing the errors/failures when cloning new users in QMMAD migration sessions and synchronizing passwords for existing users with DirSync.

I am running QMMAD 8.15; the target domain has 2 DCs running Windows 2019. This is an existing environment with over 700 users successfully cloned to date, and the problem only started showing up yesterday with a batch of 12 new users that needed to be cloned.  The new users were actually cloned to the target domain but their sidHistory did not get populated, and the accounts were created disabled.  Every attempt at merging them to complete the migration fails.
The DCs had their Windows update security patches installed the day before the problem started.

I followed the recommendations in the following tid:

https://support.quest.com/migration-manager-for-ad/kb/4279674/error-0xe1100012-cannot-initialize-migration-agent-on-host-domain-controller-error-0x80070005-access-is-denied

I found that the DC already had the recommended registry patch present, but my QMM console server (where QMMAD is installed and that runs both the migration sessions and the dirsync) did not have the patch, so I put the patch in the registry and restarted the server. The problem still remains after the restart. The DC even log has event 10036 corresponding to the migration/password sync sessions, the error message includes phrase "Please raise the activation authentication level at least to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY in client application."

Any pointers are greatly appreciated

Thank you

Vlad

Parents Reply Children
No Data