Mandatory files and folders that need to be moved from the old server to the new Quest server.

Hello Team,

We successfully upgraded the Quest Server from a legacy version to the latest operating system (moving from one forest domain to another forest domain). I have a couple of questions:

1. In the RUM console (Resource Update Manager) on the new server, I couldn't see the collections list that I had migrated on the old server.?

2. What are the mandatory files and folders that need to be moved from the old server to the new Quest server, such as the UndoStorage folder?

Please help me with this issue. Thank you in advance.

• Change the View of the RUM console. You will see an option to see all other rum consoles and their collections. There is the log data for the hosts processed on the rum consoles. But normally that only matters for a short time. Same with the undo storage. You are never going to roll back an old migration session. 

there is no Mandatory files that need to be moved. 

• Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response.

Now, I can see all the data after unchecking the 'show only collections created from this computer' option in the RUM console.

The reason I asked about mandatory files/folders to move to the new server is that we are planning to decommission the legacy server and make the New Quest server the primary one. We need to ensure that all the information and data that were migrated to the legacy server are available on the New Quest server. This is because, in the coming days/weeks, we will be heading into phase II of the migration, which includes additional user and group migrations and dependencies.

• You should NEVER mess with the migration tool during an active migrate project. This is wasted effort for a tool that will be decommissioned at the end of the project any way. 

There is no way to replace an existing server with a new server without some seams. Normally these seams don’t matter. When you change DSA server you will lose the ability to  roll back any of the migration sessions. The RUM console has a log for every workstation and server that has been processed. These logs are linked to the task and the UNC path is stored in the AD LDS database. So you will be able to see the collection, hosts and tasks, you will not be able to retrieve the log files once the original server is decommissioned. 

but none of this data matters. As I said before, this data is only useful for a limited.  RUM logs, if you need to trouble shoot something. Once it is done with that host, why would you look at historical logs?  

• Hi Jeff,

Apologies, I forgot to mentioned one point here,

We have successfully moved the AD LDS Database instance to the new Quest server as a replica and configured the Quest and DSA settings on the new server. Are there any potential issues if we proceed with decommissioning the legacy server?