QMMAD 8.15 - RUM processing failed with "Operation was interrupted unexpectedly" and "Not all privileges or groups are assigned to the caller"

Hello

I am processing workstations using QMM RUM console. Most workstations/servers of the source domain are processing fine; but I have 2 groups of workstations that are failing with the following errors:

1) "Operation was interruped unexpectedly". The last entry in that workstations' log file is "Requesting the agent to start processing". The processing is requested using remote agents, only file system and registry, shares and printers are being processed for now.  The error comes up after the workstation was pending during estimation phase, it never seem to actually start processing and then fails after a few minutes of "estimating". The "show progress" window does NOT show any counts for the work to be done.

2) "Not all privileges or groups are assigned to the caller" - the workstations fail after estimating the work, and "show progress" window does show the counts of files, registry entries etc to be processed, but no processing actually takes place. The user ID used for processing is a member of the local Administrators and Backup Operators groups on the workstations being processed.The last entry in that workstations' log file is "Requesting the agent to start processing". The processing is requested using remote agents, only file system and registry, shares and printers are being processed for now. 

I would appreciate any pointers on how to solve these issues; google search and the knowledgebase search at Quest do not come up with any useful suggestions.

Thank you

Vlad

Parents
  • Item 2) is a generic Windows OS error that suggests that something is blocking the privileges of your agent service account.

Is there some kind of endpoint protection running on these machines? 

How are your RUM service account(s) being granted their local admin rights - is it by a group embedded in local admins or directly via restricted groups GPO or other method?

• Also to answer your questions: endpoint protection is not an issue since other machines with the same configuration are processed fine; this issue only affects half a dozen servers in one particular OU; computers in other OUs are processing just fine.  The RUM service account is in the local Administrators group, and I also added it to Backup Operators to troubleshoot - it didn't help.  The GPO linked to that OU is the problem; I need to know which specific user rights assignments need to be assigned to my RUM service user (in addition to the assignments already granted)

• Also to answer your questions: endpoint protection is not an issue since other machines with the same configuration are processed fine; this issue only affects half a dozen servers in one particular OU; computers in other OUs are processing just fine.  The RUM service account is in the local Administrators group, and I also added it to Backup Operators to troubleshoot - it didn't help.  The GPO linked to that OU is the problem; I need to know which specific user rights assignments need to be assigned to my RUM service user (in addition to the assignments already granted)

Children
No Data