This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Default agent host error and improving Commit Changes performance

Hello All-

I'm using legacy agents on an Ex2010->2010 migration. DMMAD/EX 8.13

This installation was configured to use Distros and I have to commit changes to the project database fairly often. This is excruciating slow and quite often timeouts occur although the changes do finally get committed without error.

I'm thinking that when changes are committed, the tool tries to contact or write to all the agent hosts listed in the Agent Manager screen. I'm using Agent Hosts so no agents are installed on any source or target Exchange servers. My question is: can I improve commit changes performance by removing all listed servers that do not partake in mail/cal sync?

If I can, when I try to remove source or target Exchange servers from the Agent Host list, I get the error that it cannot be removed because it's involved in the migration process. SOL articles discuss changing the Default Agent host. What is the rule of thumb in doing that? Can I change it to any Agent Host. The graphic shows source Exchange servers set as themselves as an agent host which I am sure is the problem.

As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Eric

Parents
  • Hey Eric. Yes you can remove any of the servers that don't have agents installed on them and it should reduce the time of the commit changes action.

You will have to go into the source/target exchange org list within MMEX and set the default agent host to any of the active agents as JohnnyQuest has said above.
  • Hey Eric. Yes you can remove any of the servers that don't have agents installed on them and it should reduce the time of the commit changes action.

You will have to go into the source/target exchange org list within MMEX and set the default agent host to any of the active agents as JohnnyQuest has said above.
Children
No Data