This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Synchronization: Remove all resynchronization settings from agent database

Hello all-

Question regarding this setting and its purpose.

I've run into some mailboxes on this project that switched successfully on their own but users were still missing mail. Sometimes 1000+ messages. I issue a full re-sync (items to resynchronize=all) and the user states she is still missing messages. I checked her source/target mailboxes and she's telling the truth.

The option "remove all re-synchronization settings from the agent database" option. If chosen, will this "reset" what the tools things is in sync and what is not? I would then issue a re-sync with "mailbox contents only" selected and the tool will be forced to go through all folders and copy to the target?

I guess I'd like more clarity on this option and when to use it. The user guide if pretty vague.

As always, thanks for your help

Eric

• Hi Eric,

That setting is used for clearing any previous resync's from the SQL Database.

So let's say you set it to resync and hit OK. Then you realize that you need to change the sync settings. You would select that box to clear out the previous setting.

It will not reset what the tool thinks is sync'd. If the user is missing messages, more often then not the MTA has not processed the PRV files containing those messages.
  • Thanks for the clarification, Chris. For the record, all PRV files had been processed..or at least there weren't any to view in Service File Viewer.
  • And none got "archived" because they exceeded the retry interval?
  • I did check and there were two in archive. I tried a restore and let the target agent re-process. Nothing but this error:
    CMessage::CopyFromPST Error -2147467259 The client operation failed. - MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED (Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store) File: 'aeCopyMsg.cpp' Line: '477....
    Regardless, I think I was able to retrieve what the user needed.
    Thanks JohnnyQuest..