This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't login to a few mailboxes

MMEX 8.13

Source and target Exchange 2010 using legacy agents.

I've successfully migrated ~400 mailboxes thus far. I have 6 that I cannot get going. Here's a snip from the log file of one of them.

1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CSession::Logon TraceMsg 4800 Logging on to the mailbox '/o=Target/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=PLNVeriteq.ServiceAccount' (Server: 'target.local', user: 'Target\DMM_Trg_EX', has assocciated PFDB: 'False', connection flags = 32770).
1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Trying to synchronize MAPI profile creation.
1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Creating MAPI profile.
1/18/2017 10:43:14 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Trying to logon.
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CaeMAPISession::Logon TraceMsg 0 Trying to open private store.
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CSession::Logon Error -2147221231 The information store could not be opened. - MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED (MAPI 1.0) Low level error: 0x0 File: 'aeWrapHelpers.h' Line: '279'
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CMBMSwitcher::Switch2 Informational 4902 Cannot switch mailbox '/o=Source/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=VERITEQ'.
1/18/2017 10:43:15 AM CSession::Logoff TraceMsg 4801 Logging off from the mailbox '/o=Source/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=VERITEQ' (Server: 'Source.corp', user: 'Source\DMM_Src_EX').

Using the Source\DMM_Src_EX account I can connect to the mailbox using MFCMAPI successfully. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

Parents
  • I would suggest you run the following two powershell commands (at least the mailbox permissions) to reset the permissions on that mailbox, to see if this fixes it. It sounds like otherwise, you have everything covered.

'mailbox'= your users mailbox and of course 'Domain\Service Account' is your specific service account from the log.

Get-Mailbox ‘mailbox’ | Add-MailboxPermission -user Domain\Service Account -AccessRights FullAccess
    Get-Mailbox ‘mailbox’ | Add-ADPermission -user Domain\Service Account -ExtendedRights Send-As, Receive-As

This happens often, where even if it shows as set, that resetting the permission fixes the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Luke
  • I would suggest you run the following two powershell commands (at least the mailbox permissions) to reset the permissions on that mailbox, to see if this fixes it. It sounds like otherwise, you have everything covered.

'mailbox'= your users mailbox and of course 'Domain\Service Account' is your specific service account from the log.

Get-Mailbox ‘mailbox’ | Add-MailboxPermission -user Domain\Service Account -AccessRights FullAccess
    Get-Mailbox ‘mailbox’ | Add-ADPermission -user Domain\Service Account -ExtendedRights Send-As, Receive-As

This happens often, where even if it shows as set, that resetting the permission fixes the issue.

I hope this helps,
    Luke
Children
No Data