Script to switch mailboxes

Hello,

I am currently switching the mailboxes manually. I find the users in the MMEX console, right click and switch. This works for small migration batches but we are getting to migrating 50 mailboxes and more per day. For that the manual process is cumbersome.

Can I run the 50 users through a script that does the switch?

I took a look at the MMEX cmdlets and couldnt see anything that looked like mailbox switching.

Alternatively: If I could get the daily batch of users into 1 sync collection i can just highlight them in the console and switch. Sadly my collections are not reflecting my migration batches. Is there a way to move a list of users into 1 collection? I tried an LDAP group but that only seems to work for users who have not been in a sync collection before. The other ones just stay in their collection.

Please let me know of any ideas how i can simplify my process.

Best regards,

Gerhard

Parents
  • Use the new Exchange admin center to convert a mailbox
    In the EAC, go to Recipients > Mailboxes.

The Mailboxes page is displayed.

You can filter for the display of only user mailboxes or shared mailboxes by clicking Filter.

Select the user mailbox or a shared mailbox that you want to convert into its other type, and click on the display name.

From the More actions pane, click Convert to regular mailbox or Convert to a shared mailbox.

The mailbox conversion wizard is displayed.

Click Confirm.

The mailbox is converted from its present type to its other type, and the notification message Mailbox converted successfully is displayed.

Regards,
    Peter

• Use the new Exchange admin center to convert a mailbox
    In the EAC, go to Recipients > Mailboxes.

The Mailboxes page is displayed.

You can filter for the display of only user mailboxes or shared mailboxes by clicking Filter.

Select the user mailbox or a shared mailbox that you want to convert into its other type, and click on the display name.

From the More actions pane, click Convert to regular mailbox or Convert to a shared mailbox.

The mailbox conversion wizard is displayed.

Click Confirm.

The mailbox is converted from its present type to its other type, and the notification message Mailbox converted successfully is displayed.

Regards,
    Peter

Children
No Data