Backups Jobs remains in state waiting for media

HI,

Since 3 days, backups have been taking a long time for complete. Its remains in the state "waiting for media" even though the vtl are available and with enough space. 
the vtl are on drives of compellent volumes via hba. The access to volumes has no problems. even i can explore these drives without problems and no delays.
for example, phase 2 of a backup its copied to a vtl, but for more than 12 hours has no complete and i have to abort.
Also phase 2 to tape takes a long time reading from a vtl.

• As an additional background, in Storage Manager, write latency peaks are observed in the volumes where the vtl are hosted, but not happen with other volumes has not vtl configured
  • VTL backup slow / waiting for media is always tricky, to be checked

• Is it is an NDMP/ISCSI VTL? -> if so Dell Compellent's Nightly job shouldn't interfere with the backup schedule: Cleaner schedule is running which affects backup as the drive /tape
    • If it is Local VTL then the troubleshooting will be slightly different Like Space available on the VTL created to drive
    • If it is a VTL created on the Compellent as a Storage, then the I/O performance of the Storage has an impact on the VTL Backup 

We need to isolate what type of scenario it is also relevant logs to troubleshoot 

Please raise a Service Request, Our Support Team can assist 

https://support.quest.com/contact-support

Best Regards,

MD