Multiple Coexistence Manager behind a loadbalancer

Hi there,

a customer of us is in the process of a Notes to Exchange migration. In general it is working fine, but the customer mentioned that the Coexistence Manager's cpu utilization is always to high due to the high amount of freebusy requests and mail flow between Notes and Exchange.

They already setup a second Coexistence Manager server, but the question is now, what would be the best practise to implement both together behind a loadbalancer?

Kind regards,

woelki

Parents
  • Hi again,

so the intention is actually not to split freebusy and mail sync, but I have to admit that I have forgotten something important. The customer is in the process of a migration and it looks like that it will still take some time. So the actual intention is, to have the the second CMN in case of an outage. The whole environment has several HA instances so they wanted to have the CMN in a more secure setting as well. But if I understand you correctly a loadbalancer is not necessary as the CMN is working as a full functional MTA so we are able to enter the further ip addresses or server names in the corresponding Domino connection documents and vice versa, correct?

Kind regards,

woelki

• Hello Woelki,

The CMN Mail Connector is not a fully functional MTA. The CMN Mail Connector is an SMTP relay that takes incoming connections from Exchange (identified by the Inbound Servers list) and makes an outbound connection to Domnio (using round-robin from the Domino servers listed on the Outbound servers list). In the opposite direction, the Mail Connector takes inbound connections from Domino and makes an outbound connection to Exchange using the Outbound Servers list (using round-robin).

If you still need additional assistance, your Quest Account Manager can help loop in additional resources, such as Quest Professional Services (PSO) that may be able to assist with these types of advanced configurations. If you need assistance locating your Quest Account Manager, please let me know.

You can also reach your local Quest Sales office from the following site:

https://www.quest.com/buy/

Trevor Taegder

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Quest | Support

• Hello Woelki,

The CMN Mail Connector is not a fully functional MTA. The CMN Mail Connector is an SMTP relay that takes incoming connections from Exchange (identified by the Inbound Servers list) and makes an outbound connection to Domnio (using round-robin from the Domino servers listed on the Outbound servers list). In the opposite direction, the Mail Connector takes inbound connections from Domino and makes an outbound connection to Exchange using the Outbound Servers list (using round-robin).

If you still need additional assistance, your Quest Account Manager can help loop in additional resources, such as Quest Professional Services (PSO) that may be able to assist with these types of advanced configurations. If you need assistance locating your Quest Account Manager, please let me know.

You can also reach your local Quest Sales office from the following site:

https://www.quest.com/buy/

Trevor Taegder

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Quest | Support

Children
No Data