Director Connectors - Are they needed after the migration is complete

We have completed the migration of Lotus Notes to O365 over a year now.   However as we still have applications sending links from Lotus Notes to Outlook the cooexistence manager is being used to convert the links into a format that works in Outlook.

For Account management, when required users are manually added to Lotus Notes and all users to O365.   All resources have been converted as well as all groups.

Does the Directory Connectors need to continue to run if the coexistence software is only being used for converting links?

Parents
  • Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Coexistence Manager for Notes (CMN) forum. I understand that your migration is complete, but you are still using Notes applications and use the CMN Mail Connector to convert Notes specialty items, such as doclinks, so that Outlook users can use them.

If you are manually creating new users in Notes as needed, then the CMN Directory Connector is not required. The CMN Directory Connector is designed to create new "users" in Domino on your behalf to alleviate the need to manually create new Notes users. The CMN Directory Connector can also be scheduled to run on a regular basis to perform this task.

However, if for whatever reason, manually creating Notes users works best in your environment, then feel free to uninstall the CMN Directory Connector.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Coexistence Manager for Notes (CMN) forum. I understand that your migration is complete, but you are still using Notes applications and use the CMN Mail Connector to convert Notes specialty items, such as doclinks, so that Outlook users can use them.

If you are manually creating new users in Notes as needed, then the CMN Directory Connector is not required. The CMN Directory Connector is designed to create new "users" in Domino on your behalf to alleviate the need to manually create new Notes users. The CMN Directory Connector can also be scheduled to run on a regular basis to perform this task.

However, if for whatever reason, manually creating Notes users works best in your environment, then feel free to uninstall the CMN Directory Connector.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

Children
No Data