Update Notes Person Document User Name

Hi All

We have found that to support free/busy time visibility for O365 users from notes, we need to add the forwarding address we write into the person document as a username in domino. At the moment, this is a manual process and will not scale as we work through the upcoming cohorts of users.

Is it possible to do this during the mail forwarding changes, or an area I have not found yet?

Thanks

Rich

PS - I've hunted around for this in both CMN and MNE but couldn't find anything obvious.

Parents
  • Hello  ,

Thanks for posting to the Migrator for Notes to Exchange (MNE) and Coexistence Manager for Notes (CMN) forum. I understand you have found that your Domino environment requires that the Notes "Forwarding Address" be added to the Notes "User name" field. This is a pretty common scenario. Migrator for Notes to Exchange (MNE) is able to make this change as part of the "Manage mail routing" operation during the migration.

Here is a KB article that includes the parameter that will need to be enabled in MNE and describes its operation:

https://support.quest.com/kb/100415

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Hi  , Thank you very much for coming back to me. This may be a version issue but I cannot see the appropriate option here.

From the mail routing wizard when I come to amend the template, I cannot see how to make this setting change:
    PrependSmtpAddressToUserName=<#>

0 (default): Do nothing with the Notes user name field.
    1: prepend: Insert SMTP address at top of user name field.
    2: append: Insert SMTP address at bottom of user name field.
    3: Insert SMTP address as the second address in the user name field.

I strongly suspect I am looking in the wrong place, please can you help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Rich

• Hi  ,

This particular setting will need to be added to the MNE Global Default Settings, which is essentially an INI file that is centrally stored in the NME40DB SQL database. In order to Edit the Global Default Settings you can click on the hamburger menu ( ≡ ) in the upper-right of the MNE Migration Manager console. You can add the "PrependSmtpAddressToUserName" parameter under the [Notes] heading in the Global Default Settings file. Once you have added the parameter, just Save and Close the settings file.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Quest | Support

• Hi  ,

This particular setting will need to be added to the MNE Global Default Settings, which is essentially an INI file that is centrally stored in the NME40DB SQL database. In order to Edit the Global Default Settings you can click on the hamburger menu ( ≡ ) in the upper-right of the MNE Migration Manager console. You can add the "PrependSmtpAddressToUserName" parameter under the [Notes] heading in the Global Default Settings file. Once you have added the parameter, just Save and Close the settings file.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Quest | Support

Children
No Data