Could not connect to SharePointOnline - Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection

Hello,

We are in the testing phase of a migration from HCL Domino to Office365. To initialize the OneDrive storage we use the cmdlet "Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection". Unfortunately, we always get the message that we are not logged in. However, a command get- shows that we are correctly connected. The tenant has MFA set. However, we have set the option "allow" access from apps that don't use modern authentication. Can anyone here tell us what the problem is? Please, see error at bottom.

Thanks,

Brigitte Leitner

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-SPOHomeSite

Value
-----
mycompany.sharepoint.com/.../Portal

PS C:\Windows\system32> Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection -CollectionName Test_ins_Archiv -Verbose
Please wait while processing ...
Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection : Could not connect to SharePoint Online.
In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1
+ Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection -CollectionName Test_ins_Archiv ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,QuestSoftware.NME.PSModule.Utils.ProvisionOneDriveUserCollection

Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection : No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,QuestSoftware.NME.PSModule.Utils.ProvisionOneDriveUserCollection

Initialize-MNEOneDriveUserCollection : There is no service currently connected.

NumOfUsersInCollection : 2
NumOfUserOneDriveStoresProvisioned : 2
NumOfUserOneDriveStoresSkipped : 0
UserOneDriveStoresProvisioned : {John.Doe.@acme.com, Jane.Doe@acme.com}
UserOneDriveStoresSkipped : {}

WARNUNG: It can take up to 24 hours for the OneDrive locations to be created. If a user's OneDrive store is not ready after 24 hours, contact Microsoft Support.

Parents
  • Hello Brigitte,

Thanks for posting to the Migrator for Notes to Exchange (MNE) forum. I understand you are experiencing issues using the MNE PowerShell modules. I suspect that the issue you are experiencing is related to MFA. I would suggest temporarily turning off MFA for the user, as well as excluding this user from any Conditional Access Policies that could trigger MFA as well.

To confirm the issue, you can go to the Office 365 Portal | Azure Active Directory | Users | <user> | Sign-in logs | User sign-ins (non-interactive) and you should be able to see the sign in activity, as well as the associated failures.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Hello Brigitte,

Thanks for posting to the Migrator for Notes to Exchange (MNE) forum. I understand you are experiencing issues using the MNE PowerShell modules. I suspect that the issue you are experiencing is related to MFA. I would suggest temporarily turning off MFA for the user, as well as excluding this user from any Conditional Access Policies that could trigger MFA as well.

To confirm the issue, you can go to the Office 365 Portal | Azure Active Directory | Users | <user> | Sign-in logs | User sign-ins (non-interactive) and you should be able to see the sign in activity, as well as the associated failures.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

Children
No Data