This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mapping metadata property to body attachment

I have a requirement to migrate body attachments in Lotus Notes records, as documents to a SharePoint document library. The migrated document in the document library needs to have a customized name format which would involve a couple of meta data fields. 

In the NMSP designer , under Notes - > Data Fields , I have created a formula field named "Attachment Name" that concatenates the metadata field values  to generate the intended file name , when migrated to SharePoint.

In the data mapping section , I have mapped Files to "Attachment Name" but it still does not replace the original filename that was present in body attachment.

My question here is : is there a way by which you can replace the file name for notes attachments by a custom filename , when they are migrated to SharePoint ?

Parents
  • Yes, that should be possible. You need to create a field of type "FileName" in the target data definition, with "Overide Existing Names" set to "True", and "Applies To" set to "All Items".
    Then you can map your formula field to that File Name field when migrating binary files to a SharePoint Document Library.

Does this help?
  • Yes, that should be possible. You need to create a field of type "FileName" in the target data definition, with "Overide Existing Names" set to "True", and "Applies To" set to "All Items".
    Then you can map your formula field to that File Name field when migrating binary files to a SharePoint Document Library.

Does this help?
Children
No Data