How to remove attachment links in the rich text ?

Hi,

I am trying to download Notes document to a word document in a folder.

I am keeping the attachments in the separate folder, where the word doc is also located, yet I do not want to have linked objects in the content.

Do you know how to download the embedded objects only as picture but not with any links etc.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

Cagri

Parents
  • Hi! I am not sure I fully understand the question. Do you want to run a 'standard' migration, but the attachment icons in the generated word document should not link to the migrated attachments?

If yes, I don't think that's possible. You could migrate the attachments in a separate migration job, then we would not write any links, but we would also not generate the attachment icons.

• Hi Peter,

Hope you are doing great.

Thank you very much for the response.

About your answer. It is exactly how you describe.

In the below image, you can see that I have successfully migrated the content in a word document and the attachment in the content has also downloaded to the _Attachments folder.

In the second image below is the content in the Word document "100 Be om skademelding".

Here we have the attachment again came with the rich text but not only as Image, it has link in it.

So you say there is no way we can get rid of that link and only keep the image ? 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Cagri

• The link on the Icon should point to the migrated PDF file in the "_Attachments" folder. AFAIK there is no way to generate the attachment icon but skip the link generation.

Note: In the default migration job, we migrate the attachment _both_ as a separate file and as an embedded object. That is pretty pointless (it's only a sample job), you can throw out the embedded mappings (not for the images, bur for attachments and embedded files). If that is the source of your problem, stop reading here. :-)

As a workaround, you can run two migration jobs, one with the Doc generation incl. the images, one with only the attachments. However we will still create the links on the attachment icons, they will simply not work. And we will generate a lot of warnings during migration. 

• Thanks Peter that clarifed the way we go Slight smile

All the best :)

Reply Children
No Data