Trial version limitations

Hello,

I understand the trial version limitation of 10 databases for analysis.  Are there any other limitations in terms of number of records migrated and/or content size?  I need to run a test migration on an existing Notes database and need to know what the limitations are in order to determine what might be missed in my test.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hello Brad,

Thanks for posting in the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) forum. I understand you are currently trialing MNSP and would like more details on the trial license limitations. Here are the details...

A trial license is valid for 30 days and has the following limitations:

Up to 10 records can be run per migration job.
    Database analysis is limited to 10 databases
    Database migrations are limited to 10 unique databases.
    The “triage” functions on the Migration Status or Migration Effort tabs of database properties are not available.
    The Site Provisioning, Site Member Provisioning or Design migration functions are not available.
    Templates and job files created while under a trial retain their restrictions.

NOTE: The trial is limited to non-production use.

Here is a related KB article:

support.quest.com/.../what-are-the-trial-license-limitations-of-mnsp-37553-

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Trevor, can Quest comment on Peter's comment above?  

• Hi Brad,

Peter works for Quest. He has extensive experience with Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP). I have tested a trial key in my lab environment and have not found any limitations. 

In the MNSP Console, if you right click on the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint node in the upper-left, and select License Details, what is listed in the Edition field?

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Quest | Support

• Oops, I didn't see he worked for you guys - sorry!  The edition is "Starter" and license type is "trial."  It does say I am limited to 10 records even though I do have a trial license installed.

Reply Children
  • Hi Brad,

Thanks for the update and no need to be sorry. It sounds like you may have a trial license with the limitations described above. However, In my opinion, I don't think any of the limitations described above would really impact your ability to test the migration of data.

When using the MNSP Designer or creating a New Job in the MNSP Console, on the Notes tab, there is a Source Records section at the bottom. Here you can use the "Skip:" option to jump ahead to other records in the database in order to migrate other record samples, if needed. 

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Quest | Support