How do we set the document properties to the document set properties

Hi,

I have doclib with multiple attachments.

Used Document Set in Mapping.

Hence, Document Set created, success, and the attachments get into the document set along with metadata, this is also fine.

Question:

There are some custom properties(like: Keywords, Categories etc) for the document which is visible only inside the document set folder with each attachments.

The same custom properties in the default view shows empty values. But inside the document set the same custom properties in the same view has values in it.

Is there any way to see the document metadata in the default document set view(landing page view of document set)?

Where as other properties like created, modified as visible in both docset properties and inside the docset as well. I am looking for something similar to this.

Thanks in advance. Please advice.

Parents
  • Hi,
    I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly ... but if I do, every document within the Document Set can have different values for Keywords, Categories etc, so there is no way this can be shown in the Document Set as such.
    Depending on your use case what might help: You can create a custom Document Set Content Type with additional properties (you have to do this in SharePoint, MNSP cannot do this). Once you have created such a DocSet Content Type, you can point MNSP to that Content Type for creation of a Document Set, and map values to the additional Document Set properties.

• Hi,
    I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly ... but if I do, every document within the Document Set can have different values for Keywords, Categories etc, so there is no way this can be shown in the Document Set as such.
    Depending on your use case what might help: You can create a custom Document Set Content Type with additional properties (you have to do this in SharePoint, MNSP cannot do this). Once you have created such a DocSet Content Type, you can point MNSP to that Content Type for creation of a Document Set, and map values to the additional Document Set properties.

Children
No Data