Can we keep relation of documents inside Folders in LN Mailbox so that while we migrate to SharePoint,we can retain the same folder structure as in source

Our migrator for Notes to SharePoint version is 6.15.0.2045. We are planning to migrate Lotus Notes Mailbox to SharePoint as pdf using Render template.
Can we keep relation of documents inside Folders in LN Mailbox so that while we migrate to SharePoint,we can retain the same folder structure as in source.
Really appreciate your help on this.

• Hello Joseph,

Thanks for posting to the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) forum. I understand you have questions about migrating a Notes mailbox to SharePoint with MNSP, while retaining the same folder structure as the Notes mailbox. Due to the way data is structured in a Notes mail file, this is a rather complex request. We would suggest creating a Service Request for this particular issue so that we can gather additional information to investigate. You can create a Service Request by calling 1-800-306-9329, or on the web here.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• To add a little: This is not easy because folders in Notes are quite different from folders anywhere else - e.g. an item can be in more than in one folder, or in no folder at all (many people compare folders in Notes with very special views).
    If you have a list of know folders in Notes, we can run a migration job for every one of these folders, and write the items into a folder in the target (or set an appropriate metadata field, or both). 

• my previous entry was flagged. Not sure if its because i mentioned another product name. removing the product name here.

Was there a solution to the service request mentioned above ? I am being asked to switch to another product that seems to migrate by the folder structure. I have to find a solution in quest migrator ASAP.  Migrating each folder individually is very tedious.

• Hello,

Thanks for posting to the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) forum. If your previous post contained another product name, it may have been removed as spam. There is quite a lot of spam posted to our forums on a regular basis, so we try to keep things as clean as we can. Occasionally a legitimate post can get flagged as well.

In regards to your question about migrating Notes mailbox data with MNSP, this is a rather complex topic. For the most timely and in-depth response, we would suggest creating Service Request for this issue:

https://support.quest.com/create-service-request 

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support