Firewall rules

Hi Notes Migrators,

Are there any particular firewall rules needed for Quest to migrate to SharePoint Online, apart from the details published by Microsoft for SPO access? Anything Quest itself needs to communicate license status, for instance? My migration servers are behind a pretty solid firewall and I need to submit a request to allow access for migrations, I'd like to make sure I've captured everything in one request. Doco suggests making sure the the Import Service isn't blocked to SharePoint, but we're migrating to SPO, not on-premises.

Thanks!
Steve

Parents
  • Hello Steve,

Thanks for posting to the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) forum. I understand that you are looking to migrate your Notes applications to SharePoint Online and want to know about firewall requirements. MNSP uses HTTPS (443) and HTTP (80) to connect to Office 365 and migrate data. Windows Identity Foundation is required to authenticate against Office 365. I believe Windows Identity Foundation also uses HTTPS (443) and HTTP (80) for communication.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification. 

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Thanks Trevor! Doesn't sound like MNSP has any specific firewall rules on its own. I've forwarded over the list of ports published by Microsoft for SPO, hopefully that will be sufficient, I'll let you all know.

Reply Children
No Data