Critical: File fields are not allowed when migrating to Document Sets

Hi,

I get the above error when trying to migrate a Notes app where the documents have attachments to a SharePoint 2013 document library. I'm migrating the Notes documents to document sets. The Notes fields migrate into document set properties and that is ok but when I try to migrate the attachments to a file type column I get the error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi again,

I've just discovered that the "Migrate mapped data" can't be set to document set but to document.

• Hi, did this solve your problem?

If you want to migrate files into a SharePoint Document Set, you migrate to "List Items" on the advanced tab of the Target Data Definition (TDD), and include a field of type "Document Set" in the SharePoint TDD.
    Make sure to pick a Document Set Template, and load the appropriate fields for that template.

Does this help?  

• Hi Peter and many thanks, I didn't realized of your answer,

Yes, proceeding the way I said, I could migrate "normal" attachements.

I probably have an older version of the Migrator because the only options I have on that tab are: Documents, Folders, Document sets but not List Items.

However, I got another problem: this Notes implementation uses a DocuScan plug-in so that users click on a button and, automatically, a document is scanned and stored somewhere in the network, but directly available on the Notes document from where it was scanned. I'm afraid there isn't a way to get those "attachements" and put them together with the "normal" attachments in their respective document set but to do it programmatically.

• Hi Peter and many thanks, I didn't realized of your answer,

Yes, proceeding the way I said, I could migrate "normal" attachements.

I probably have an older version of the Migrator because the only options I have on that tab are: Documents, Folders, Document sets but not List Items.

However, I got another problem: this Notes implementation uses a DocuScan plug-in so that users click on a button and, automatically, a document is scanned and stored somewhere in the network, but directly available on the Notes document from where it was scanned. I'm afraid there isn't a way to get those "attachements" and put them together with the "normal" attachments in their respective document set but to do it programmatically.

Children