On Demand Migration - Basic Authentication

Hi,

It's my understanding that ODM requires Basic Authentication to O365...

- Is this still the case?

- If so, when will it change given MS End Of Support is 2020 for Basic Auth in o365

- My customer also asked if they disabled Basic Auth for all accounts except the ODM service account would the product still work.

Any info would be appreciated.

thx

Kent

Parents
  • Hello Kent,

Yes, On Demand Migration (ODM) does require Basic Authentication for the source and target migration admin accounts used for the migration.

The product team is aware of the upcomming support end date of Basic Authentication in Office 365 and is working on a solution.

Yes, end-users can still use Modern Authentication in Office 365, it is only the source and target ODM migration admin accounts (provided when you configure connections) that require Basic Authentication.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Hello Kent,

Yes, On Demand Migration (ODM) does require Basic Authentication for the source and target migration admin accounts used for the migration.

The product team is aware of the upcomming support end date of Basic Authentication in Office 365 and is working on a solution.

Yes, end-users can still use Modern Authentication in Office 365, it is only the source and target ODM migration admin accounts (provided when you configure connections) that require Basic Authentication.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

Children