Does the ODM agent automatically start processing the computer applications after the switch task has been run?

Does the ODM agent automatically start processing the computer applications after the switch task has been run? The agent was deployed with GPO silently  but has not started the switch even after several reboots. I am seeing conflicting information that with a silent install it should automatically or the user needs to start it.

Do I really need the other GPO to make it run on logon?

Thank you

Parents
  • Hello  ,

Thanks for posting to the On Demand forum. Currently, the On Demand Migration (ODM) Desktop Update Agent (DUA) only acts when the executable is launched, after a "Switch Applications" configuration task has been run in the ODM portal.

Options to launch DUA on end-user workstations include:

• Interactively launched by the user via Start | All Programs | On Demand Migration Desktop Update Agent
    • A "Launch at Logon" GPO, as described here under the heading, "To configure Desktop Update Agent to run at User Logon using a Group Policy Object"

Once launched, the end-user will need to click "Next" to progress through the DUA options.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification. 

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Thank you I was under the impression it checked in and would start running once the service on the desktop saw it was switched.

Thank you

Reply Children
No Data