On Demand Migration for Active Directory - Group memberships not migrating

I just completed staging for users and groups and realized the group memberships did not come over from the source. I did the staging of groups first, then users. Is it required to do users first? All objects were created new, by directory sync. I know they match up correctly because SID history is populated with the source SID.

Top Replies

Parents
  • Hello  ,

Typically, it is best to sync the users first, so that there are objects in our back-end database to add to the groups. However, syncing groups first will not be a problem, it just means you will need to sync the users twice, then run the group sync again for the groups to be populated. The first user sync will create the users, then you would need to run the user sync again, so that we "read-in" the new users we created on the first user sync. Then you can sync the groups again and get the membership populated.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

• Hello  ,

Typically, it is best to sync the users first, so that there are objects in our back-end database to add to the groups. However, syncing groups first will not be a problem, it just means you will need to sync the users twice, then run the group sync again for the groups to be populated. The first user sync will create the users, then you would need to run the user sync again, so that we "read-in" the new users we created on the first user sync. Then you can sync the groups again and get the membership populated.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support

Children