Switch from QMMAD to ODMAD or BT AD Pro?

Hello Team,

We require your assistance and suggestions for the following migration scenario.

In Phase I of our plan, we successfully migrated a few AD resources to the Target Forest Domain using the Quest Migration Manager for AD tool.

For Phase II of the migration plan, which covers the rest of the AD resources, we are considering switching to either On Demand Migration for AD (ODMAD) or BT AD Pro. Please note that there are dependencies on the Groups Mapping due to ADLDS Database for both Phase I and II migrations.

We would appreciate your suggestions on whether it's feasible to switch from QMMAD to ODMAD or BT AD Pro in the middle of the migrations.

Thank you.

• Hi! What is your estimated project schedule? MMAD is scheduled to go end-of-life May 1st, 2025 - if your project is finished by then, there is no need to switch.

If your migration also includes M365 Tenant-to-Tenant migration, it may be a good step to switch to ODM-AD.

• Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, my project will be completed before the scheduled EOL on May 1st, 2025.

In the Phase II Migration plan, we require an additional license (QMMAD) to migrate the AD resources. We are considering using a new technology, such as QODMAD, instead of QMMAD. Can you kindly suggest if it's feasible to switch from QMMAD to QODMAD in the middle of the migration? As I mentioned, there are dependencies on user and group mappings due to the ADLDS database for both Phase I and II migrations.

• Can you kindly suggest if it's feasible to switch from QMMAD to QODMAD in the middle of the migration?

It is of course doable - but it would require a lot of additional effort, since these solutions work entirely different. E.g. the mappings from MMAD would have to be exported and then be imported into a new ODM-AD setup. Quest PSO may be a good resource to ask for experiences and estimated efforts.