ODME Sync changes after first pass of Migration

Hi, 

Since source is slow, we are starting migration 2 weeks earlier. Our concern is:

1. If we complete the migration in 2 days and next week user decided to delete bunch of emails from different folders, will those be synced to target as well? If not, how to handle this deletion.

2. If user moved emails to another folder next week, will those be reflected in target. For example in source, user moved emails from Inbox to Inbox-->SubFolder. Will target have emails both in Inbox and subfolder when final sync is run after 2 weeks? 

Parents
  • Hello,

Thanks for posting to the On Demand Migration for Email (ODME) forum. I understand you have questions about running a multi-pass migration using ODME. Here are my answers to your questions:

1.) No, ODME will not sync delegations to the target mailbox. Any emails deleted from the source mailbox after the first migration pass will need to be deleted again manually from the target mailbox.

2.) Yes you are correct, in your example, the end-user will have two copies of the email. One in the inbox and one in the subfolder within their target mailbox.

The following KB article describes re-migrating a mailbox with ODME:

https://support.quest.com/on-demand-migration-for-email/kb/215206/how-to-remigrate-a-mailbox-using-odme

Another option would be to use a date filter within ODME to only migrate older mail, which is not likely to change in the first pass. Then you can migrate newer mail during the final migration pass. If you decide to use date filters for both passes, then you will need to be sure to overlap the dates in during the last migration (one day earlier and one day into the future).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Quest | Support

• Hello,

Thanks for posting to the On Demand Migration for Email (ODME) forum. I understand you have questions about running a multi-pass migration using ODME. Here are my answers to your questions:

1.) No, ODME will not sync delegations to the target mailbox. Any emails deleted from the source mailbox after the first migration pass will need to be deleted again manually from the target mailbox.

2.) Yes you are correct, in your example, the end-user will have two copies of the email. One in the inbox and one in the subfolder within their target mailbox.

The following KB article describes re-migrating a mailbox with ODME:

https://support.quest.com/on-demand-migration-for-email/kb/215206/how-to-remigrate-a-mailbox-using-odme

Another option would be to use a date filter within ODME to only migrate older mail, which is not likely to change in the first pass. Then you can migrate newer mail during the final migration pass. If you decide to use date filters for both passes, then you will need to be sure to overlap the dates in during the last migration (one day earlier and one day into the future).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Regards,

Trevor Taegder

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Quest | Support

Children
No Data