Sending alerts via SMS

Hi there,

I have been using Fogligh NMS (version 6.925239) for while now, and overall I am happy with it.  I have setup a dedicated SMTP server to send out email alerts, but I also want the ability to send out SMS text alerts.  I know I can send SMS messages via my cell phone providers gateway -- 123123-1234@txt.att.net for example -- but the problem with this is is sent from a different number evertime.  Does anyone how any recommendations for setting up their own SMS gateway, where I can control the number that the reciever sees?

Does that make sense?

• Hi Rowan

We've tried using a modem with and sim card before to run our own sms service but as we use VM's the managment can be a pain. So we swapped to using a SMS service (http://www.itagg.com/) you interacte with a webservice which you can then define what number(s) to send the message to, text and who the message is from "Monittoring System", it's been very relaible.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Andy

• I am currently looking at using a service called "PagerDuty" -- I'm on their 30 day free trail, and it is working great... even allows me to "schedule" different techs and create a follow-the-sun on call schedule! .. and for $18 a month, its pretty cheap as well.

Ideally though I would like to have an in-house solution.

I have a spare Nexus 4 GMS phone, running Andriod 4.2.2.  It would be great if I could use this phone and SMS service to send the alerts.  Anyone know how?

• You may consider evaluating Telalert as I have seen other businesses using it for alert notifications.

David Mendoza

Foglight Consultant

• Looking to send Bulk SMS then visit logon utility