This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Response To" items not migrating to SharePoint wiki library

Hi,

I am trying to migrate items from Lotus Notes to SharePoint wiki library using Quest tool. While migration, I am facing an issue with "Response To" items. As parents items are getting migrated to SharePoint but all "Response To" Items associated with parent items are failing to migrate.

Can anyone please help me out with this. As I have been trying to fix this issue from past two days, but unable to fix it.

Kindly let me know, if this is not clear to you. Would be happy to explain you again.

Lookin forward to hear from anyone. Thanks !!

Best Regards,

Sangeet Kumar

• Hello! Maybe there is a filter in your source data definition? Depending on your Notes source (what are you migrating from?), the "Response to" documents may be stored in another Notes form that is not included in your source data definition.
  • hello,
    my name is angela belly and you are right.
  • Hi Peter,
    Thanks for you response.
    Can you please let me know, if I can migrate the "Resposne To" items to wiki library, because I googled and found that it can only be migrated to Discussion list not any of the list or library .

Waiting to hear from you. Thanks !!

Best Regards,
    Sangeet Kumar
  • You can migrate these items to any target - however if you want to preserve the reply/response hierarchy, the only default SharePoint list type supporting this is Discussion, yes.
    If you migrate to another target, the reply/response hierarchy will be lost (though the response items can be migrated as normal target entries).
  • Hi Peter,
    As said earlier, Notes might be using different form to store "Response To" items. I agreee, but what is the best way to get the form name, which is being used for the "Response To" items.

Kindly let me know, If anything is unclear to you.
    Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks !!

Best Regards,
    Sangeet Kumar
  • If you run the MNSP Console, go to the Database properties and "Data Analysis", you can run the data analysis from there (Document Scan level).
    You can then press the button "By Form used" on the bottom of that tab. This will show you the Forms used in this DB.

• (I would send screenshots, but I am on vacation and far from the office, sorry.)
  • Hey Peter,
    Sorry to bother you on your vacation.
    I tried doing "Data Analysis" and after that I tried loading forms which has Response counts, name ends with .Response. But I could see the item count same as I could see without form.
    Don't know, where I am missing what.
  • I am migrating from a Notes Document Library.

There are four main documents, one has two responses, one has one response:

If I do data analysis, I see the total of seven data docs. Two of the docs have responses (that does not tell me how many responses they have, just that two have responses):

If I click on “By forms used” I can see the details.

There are four documents using the form “Document”, two of them have children/responses.

There are three documents using the form “Response”, none of them have children/responses.

If I migrate this with a standard migration job to a WIKI without filters, all items will be migrated as wiki pages. The reply/response hierarchy will be lost:

• Hi Peter,

Thank you so much for your help.It worked for me also. Looking forward to get more help from you on migration. As I am new to quest tool, so don't have much knowledge. Thanks !!

Best Regards,
    Sangeet Kumar