This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error when adding host in protection

Hello !

I have some issues with one virtual host when a try to add it in AppAssure 5.4.3.106 :

ERROR 2017-02-22T10:31:14 [17] - Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.ServiceHost (RequestUri=https://vsaoantivir:8006/apprecovery/api/agent/metadata/summaryMetadata ClientAddress=172.25.10.194:55231)
Service Host Error: Service error while handling request [PUT https://vsaoantivir:8006/apprecovery/api/agent/metadata/summaryMetadata]: La valeur ne peut pas être null.
Nom du paramètre : source
Request Uri: https://vsaoantivir:8006/apprecovery/api/agent/metadata/summaryMetadata
Client Address: 172.25.10.194:55231
Identity: NTLM:VSAOANTIVIR\Administrateur
Service: Replay.Agent.Management.Metadata.AgentMetadataManagement
Method: GetCurrentSummary

System.ArgumentNullException: La valeur ne peut pas être null.
Nom du paramètre : source
   à System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   à Replay.Common.Implementation.Storage.StorageMetadataWinApi.IsWinApiVolumeNotSupported(DiskMetadataWinApi diskMetadata, WinApiVolume winApiVolume)
   à Replay.Common.Implementation.Storage.StorageMetadataWinApi.BuildVolumesList(IEnumerable`1 volumesNames, Boolean includeNonSnapableVolumes)
   à Replay.Common.Implementation.Storage.StorageMetadataWinApi.PerformRefresh(Boolean force, Boolean includeReplayVirtualDisks, Boolean includeNonSnapableVolumes, Boolean autoMount)
   à Replay.Common.Implementation.Storage.StorageServiceWinApi.CreateStorageMetadata(Boolean includeReplayVirtualDisks, Boolean includeNonSnapableVolumes, Boolean force, Boolean autoMount)
   à Replay.Common.Implementation.Storage.StorageServiceBase.GetMetadata(Boolean includeReplayVirtualDisks, Boolean includeNonSnapableVolumes, Boolean force, Boolean autoMount)
   à Replay.Common.Implementation.Metadata.CommonMetadataService.GetCommonSummaryMetadata(ICommonSummaryMetadata metadata, Boolean includeNonSnapableVolumes)
   à Replay.Agent.Implementation.Metadata.AgentMetadataService.GetCurrentSummary(MetadataCredentials metadataCredentials)

I have already uninstall and reinstall AppAssure Agent, clean registry...

I didn't find answer about it yet, could you please help me?

Thank you !

Parents
  • Oh -- shame on me -- I did not understand that the issue shows up when adding to protection. I thought that the Protected Machine was not showing its metadata on its summary page on the core.

If you are running the core on Windows 2016, you need to install the latest cumulative update.
    The October 11 one (v1607) is here: support.microsoft.com/.../3194798
    There should be newer ones available but was unable to find them.

Additionally, you may want to check if secure boot is enabled (and disable it) both on the core and the agent. (use msinfo32.exe->System Summary->Secure Boot State)

If you are not using Windows 2016, it may be that you have too many certificates on any of the 2 machines. To solve the issue do the following on both machines (no reboot needed).
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL

then, create a new Value
    Value name: SendTrustedIssuerList
    Value type: REG_DWORD
    Value data: 0 (False)

This value tells Windows to send only the requested certificates for whatever connection is established, not the whole list of trusted certification authorities.

Please let us know how it goes.
  • Oh -- shame on me -- I did not understand that the issue shows up when adding to protection. I thought that the Protected Machine was not showing its metadata on its summary page on the core.

If you are running the core on Windows 2016, you need to install the latest cumulative update.
    The October 11 one (v1607) is here: support.microsoft.com/.../3194798
    There should be newer ones available but was unable to find them.

Additionally, you may want to check if secure boot is enabled (and disable it) both on the core and the agent. (use msinfo32.exe->System Summary->Secure Boot State)

If you are not using Windows 2016, it may be that you have too many certificates on any of the 2 machines. To solve the issue do the following on both machines (no reboot needed).
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL

then, create a new Value
    Value name: SendTrustedIssuerList
    Value type: REG_DWORD
    Value data: 0 (False)

This value tells Windows to send only the requested certificates for whatever connection is established, not the whole list of trusted certification authorities.

Please let us know how it goes.
Children
No Data