This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you use a 10GB virtual NIC between the Rapid Recovery core and the Hyper-v Host

I have a DELL VRTX server with two modules. The Rapid Recovery Core is running on one module in a VM with the data repository, and I am exporting to a second module on the same VRTX. Can you use a 10GB virtual NIC between the Rapid Recovery core and the Hyper-v Host module for faster data transfer performing a export? Can you force it to use only the Virtual 10 GB NIC.

Parents
  • For the exports, we can only specify an IP and/or a DNS name of an HV host. So the way that I would do it that I would create a separate VLAN for yourself just for that traffic, so that when you specify HV host that is at IP x.x.x.x the only way that your core can reach/route to IP x.x.x.x is through that 10 gig NIC. That is how I would do it (and actually do utilize it too).

I put my 'storage' network on 10.1.100.x (which is 10 gig) and then I put the domain traffic on 10.1.10.x (1 gig) and I do not tie the 2 VLANs together. So when I want my core to talk to the hosts/storage directly I can do it via IP and not DNS and it'll use the network I want it to use.

Since the application does not have the options to splice up the NICs, you'll need to do it via routing and/or IP exposure to the Core.
  • For the exports, we can only specify an IP and/or a DNS name of an HV host. So the way that I would do it that I would create a separate VLAN for yourself just for that traffic, so that when you specify HV host that is at IP x.x.x.x the only way that your core can reach/route to IP x.x.x.x is through that 10 gig NIC. That is how I would do it (and actually do utilize it too).

I put my 'storage' network on 10.1.100.x (which is 10 gig) and then I put the domain traffic on 10.1.10.x (1 gig) and I do not tie the 2 VLANs together. So when I want my core to talk to the hosts/storage directly I can do it via IP and not DNS and it'll use the network I want it to use.

Since the application does not have the options to splice up the NICs, you'll need to do it via routing and/or IP exposure to the Core.
Children
No Data