This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vRanger 5.5.0.25454 - Backup Problem

Hello Forum,

I have a problem with the backup of an VM.

VRanger running on an physical Windows Server 2012 R2.

Virtual Software = VMware 5.5

VM1 = Windows Server 2008 R2 German incl. MS SQL Server 2008 Express Edition

VM2 = Windows Server 2012 R2 English incl. MS SQL Server 2012 Express Edition

Backup on an SCSI attached Storage MSA2012sa with enough space.

VM1 = scheduled task each saturday - always successfull

VM2 = scheduled taks on monday, wednesday, saturday - always failed

I just have deleted the task and set it up new, but that doesn't help.

No problems on the network.

I don't have any idea why.

Thanks Achim

If there is someone with an idea to resolve the problem that would be great.

Parents
  • Why don't you work through the regular support ticket? Engineer would enable service logging, collected failed task log and tell you what VM device/config causes the issue.
    Error is about converting VmConfig into xml format and storing copy in SavePointXml table. Older Ranger versions - and you are running pretty old one - did not know how to handle (read convert to xml) recently added parameters/hardware. Thus failure and rollback. The ugliest part of this behavior is that it occurs at the very end of the backup when all vars are successfully created. Years ago it was suggested to try/catch conversion at the very beginning. I do not know if Devs followed advice but I do not see the same error in recent Ranger versions that frequently.
  • Why don't you work through the regular support ticket? Engineer would enable service logging, collected failed task log and tell you what VM device/config causes the issue.
    Error is about converting VmConfig into xml format and storing copy in SavePointXml table. Older Ranger versions - and you are running pretty old one - did not know how to handle (read convert to xml) recently added parameters/hardware. Thus failure and rollback. The ugliest part of this behavior is that it occurs at the very end of the backup when all vars are successfully created. Years ago it was suggested to try/catch conversion at the very beginning. I do not know if Devs followed advice but I do not see the same error in recent Ranger versions that frequently.
Children
No Data