This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New 7.6 release date?

Any word on when 7.6 will be released again?

• Would that be the version that actually supports Vsphere 6.5. (yes that would be nice if they'd write it) At this point the competition's looking better & better.
  • Wonder if 7.6.v2 will support 6.5u1.
  • Is there any new information? Last notification/update was on 9th of July. How long should we wait for this update? There is no new Version of vRanger this year. For which reason our customers pay subscription?
  • Very frustrating to say the least. They should have regular updates on 7.6's status.
  • Already dropped them and installed Veeam. Implemented in a day with backups and replication all running. I suggest you all forget vRanger and move on.
  • Hi All,

I know you've been anxious to hear more about when Quest will have a replacement for the vRanger 7.6 release. We appreciate your patience as we worked out the details of how to deliver a high quality release to you.

We have a definite release plan at this time. If you would like more information about when we can deliver this release to you, please contact Support for further assistance.

Thanks!
  • Thanks Roger. I was just chatting with support who informed me the expected re-release date is now November which presents major problems for us and may force our hand at a move to Veeam. Very disappointing it will have taken Quest a year to provide a version that supports VMware 6.5 and makes me question Quests commitment to this product. It has always been a fiasco with versioning and compatibility issues with vRanger and Recovery Manager products but never the base product.
  • Support just told me the same thing. Very disappointing indeed.