Ah Thanksgiving, that time a year all families in America have dinner at the exact same time, thanks to a new sync mechanism called "NFL halftime.”
Confession - I can’t ridicule our in-laws again after my previous blog about not letting anyone bully your AD. But no worries, I don’t have to practice what I preach, so I found a new punching bag to bully – you guessed it right – it’s:
- Those who suggest that everyone say something he/she is grateful for, making you squeeze any drop of originality off your brain just when you thought you were going to enjoy the long weekend.
- See above, the person who sits right next to you and stole your idea.
- Those who ask you why you paid so much for your flight, when they know they paid more.
Here’s an idea though for frustration bullet #1: Active Directory. Boom. Oh, and a $25 gift card. But, what do you really know about the last meal (your bank account was sentenced to death, due date - Black Friday) and your job?
Trick yourself into thinking the infamous holiday horrors are not really going to happen again this year. Put it all aside and participate in our trivia below.
- Simply post your answers in the comment section below.
- The best three respondents will be selected
“May the odds be ever in your favor.” ~Three finger salute~
Question 1: Who advocated for turkey, not eagle, to be the national bird?
- The Southern Confederacy
- Turkish immigrants
- George Washington
- Benjamin Franklin
Question 2: Which is true about domain trusts?
- Creates security independency
- Grants users in other domains access to local domain w/o duplicating user accounts in local domain
- It is a one way authentication
- Trust path is followed downward
Question 3: Select two states that have a place called Turkey.
Question 4: Which is not a benefit of Enterprise Reporter 2.6 “User not logged on in past x days” report?
- It helps understand what accounts are and are not being used
- It enables smart decision making about disabling bound to be compromised
- It prevents license overcharge
- It enables cross-domain security
Question 5: Which country below doesn’t celebrate Thanksgiving?
- The Netherlands
Question 6: Which is not decided by computer-related settings in a GPO?
- System behavior
- Application settings
- Security settings
- Assigned applications
- Folder redirection
Question 7: Where did the name turkey come from?
- The fowls symbolize gratitude in the Turkic mythology
- The fowl was considered a royal delicate in the Ottoman empire (originated in Turkey)
- The first guinea fowls were imported to the US by Turkish merchants
- Native Americans used to celebrate Thanksgiving, and their most prevalent food was Turkey
Question 8: When was it declared a national holiday?
Question 9: Which of the following is false about SYSVOL?
- It is a single file for all domain controllers
- It shouldn’t change often
- It stores the server copy of the domain's public files for common access throughout the domain
- It resides on the local disk of a domain controller
- It is replicated across all domain controllers
Question 10: True or False? Turkeys can get a heart attack.