A major release of Desktop Authority has been a long time coming. Here are just some of the exciting new features and enhancements included in the latest version:
Off-Network support for domain joined machines
- The new Off-Network Support (ONS) feature allows all supported domain joined machines (desktops, laptops, tablets, etc.) to continue receiving new configuration updates, even while disconnected from the corporate network, as long as there is an active internet connection.
Support for new platforms
- Desktop Authority now supports SQL Server 2016, Outlook 2016, and Office 2016.
Expanded browser support (Remote Management, Admin Console)
- This version of Desktop Authority adds Chrome and Edge to the list of supported browsers for Remote Management and the Administrative Console.
Remote Management improvements
- The Remote Management tab has been improved to provide an easier and more reliable connection to client machines. The enabling of the remote registry service on client machines is no longer required and admins can now nest folders within the Favorites section.
Added the ability to simulate a "desktop" timing event for any user configuration setting
- Desktop Authority now has the ability to delay the execution any user profile element until after the desktop loads. Please see the "Other Special Options" section of the Administrator's Guide for additional information.
- All existing reports have been refactored and optimized, resulting in a significant reduction in the report generation time.
Updated KiXtart engine
- The updated Kixtart engine resolved issues with character limits for large strings and also improved off-network support abilities.
- Improved security by updating security related components and signed certificates.
Performance and stability improvements
- We continue to work closely with our customers and this release includes fixes for numerous intermittent bugs, performance bottlenecks, and stability issues.
Related Knowledgebase Article(s)