Welcome to our forums

To help our user community locate and post topics about their primary interest, we organize our community forum by product user communities. Click here to see a full listing of forums.

• 12 Sep 2019 at 07:09 AM
    • Last post by Karla.Carpenter on 12 Sep 2019 at 05:41 PM
    • IS anyone using Dell Authority ??

Hey everyone,

I'm researching Dell Desktop Authority for use at my company. I've heard positive things from an associate at another company, but I thought I better ask you guys as you've given good advice before. Anybody care to weigh in on the pros/cons...

• Desktop Authority
      • 1 reply
    • 10 Sep 2019 at 09:10 PM
    • Started by Karla.Carpenter on 10 Sep 2019 at 09:10 PM
    • Its not too late yet to sign up for KACE UserKon 2019!

We will have sessions that cover all the KACE products, including Desktop Authority and Privilege Manager. Why don't you book as last minute but very high ROI getaway to Orlando and join us for even more ideas on how you can safe your company time and...

• Desktop Authority
      • 0 replies
    • 10 Sep 2019 at 04:28 PM
    • Started by sauerk on 10 Sep 2019 at 04:28 PM
    • Silent MSI deployment not happening at logoff.

I have an MSI I want deployed at logoff.  I originally tested this a few weeks ago and it seemed to be working.  I cant get this to work at logoff anymore.  It runs and I see the action in SLtraceLogoff.htm.  The program version is just never updated.  If...

• Desktop Authority
      • 0 replies
    • 06 Sep 2019 at 12:22 PM
    • Last post by Karla.Carpenter on 09 Sep 2019 at 03:30 PM
    • Future development of Desktop Authority!!

We're currently looking into renewing our Desktop Authority contracts. Looking at the updates and the recent development at Dell's software departure, I'm quite uncertain if this is actually still worth it. There are MANY things missing in Desktop Authority...

• Desktop Authority
      • 1 reply
    • 06 Sep 2019 at 03:39 PM
    • Started by yamm77 on 06 Sep 2019 at 03:39 PM
    • Replacing Desktop Authority with Group Policy

As some of you may or may not know I spent a large amount of time at my last company completely redoing Group Policy/Active Directory configurations.

Well as of two weeks ago I started a new job (60% more money, twice as much time off, 10 less hours of...

• Desktop Authority
      • 0 replies
    • 06 Sep 2019 at 12:23 PM
    • Started by techmicky on 06 Sep 2019 at 12:23 PM
    • Printer Deployment, Not following Logic!!

I have been working with deploying out printer within our org for the past week or so. I have created all the printers in desktop authority and they are assigned by Computer OU. I have one printer that will not follow the logic, It is set to only be pushed...

• Desktop Authority
      • 0 replies
    • 03 Sep 2019 at 08:17 AM
    • Started by yehmosestohmeradosthai on 03 Sep 2019 at 08:17 AM
    • Desktop Authority questions

First of all, brief environment description. K-12 school district, 23 sites, all sites have gigabit connections back to our office, 3500-4000 Windows machines, about 1200 staff and 7200 students. People and machines move around a lot. The people go all...

• Desktop Authority
      • 0 replies
    • 23 May 2019 at 01:04 AM
    • Last post by dragontattoo on 28 Jul 2019 at 04:08 PM
    • Search through profiles for setting

I have quite a few profiles with different printer configurations. When it comes time to switch print servers, say replacing Server 2008 R2 with 2016 or 2019, I have to hunt through each profile for the old server and replace it with the new one. I have...

• Desktop Authority
      • 5 replies
    • 23 Jul 2019 at 03:03 PM
    • Last post by Christopher B on 23 Jul 2019 at 08:24 PM
    • Profile Process Order

Feature request: Profile Process Order

Details: Could you please implement option, that will allow changing process order of items under profile. Or change process order, based on example bellow.

Example: Have an ability to apply "File Operations" before...

• Desktop Authority
      • 1 reply