This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Seed drive for new base

We have a large server that is all of the sudden failing to send his replication data across the wire. I have a case open but support is not making any progress.

Is it possible to use a seed drive for replication clients even after the initial base? I thought I remember someone mentioning they used to do this on duplicate base images that were created prior to dedup cache being put in place

Parents
  • It's called the copy process.  Go to the replication tab -> dropdown the outgoing replication to show the agents -> select the agent you want and choose copy.  This initiates the seed process and takes you through the wizard to create the seed.  Then on the target core you'll see that it has an outstanding seed drive.  When the seed is finished and transferred to the target, import it and it will ingest all those recovery points in the seed.

• It's called the copy process.  Go to the replication tab -> dropdown the outgoing replication to show the agents -> select the agent you want and choose copy.  This initiates the seed process and takes you through the wizard to create the seed.  Then on the target core you'll see that it has an outstanding seed drive.  When the seed is finished and transferred to the target, import it and it will ingest all those recovery points in the seed.

Children
No Data