This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is Rapid Recovery compatible with Synology DSM?

We have are currently using a Synology DiskStation as our file server. We weren't sure if it was compatible with Rapid Recovery. I know that Rapid Recovery works with a handful of Linux distributions but I didn't see anything for Synology DSM.

Parents
  • I have a few questions because you seem very knowledgeable about this subject. I've created a 1GB test iSCSI LUN on our Synology just to see how they work. I kind of understand what they do but not really how it ties into the storage we are already using. So I can allocate as much space to the iSCSI LUN as I want, but I'm assuming only the storage I allocate can be backed up on the Dell. So is there a way to associate an iSCSI LUN to storage space that is currently being used on the Synology? Is this a situation where we would have to create the iSCSI LUN before adding the data we want to backup? Or do I just need an iSCSI LUN on the drive in order to back up the entire drive?
  • I have a few questions because you seem very knowledgeable about this subject. I've created a 1GB test iSCSI LUN on our Synology just to see how they work. I kind of understand what they do but not really how it ties into the storage we are already using. So I can allocate as much space to the iSCSI LUN as I want, but I'm assuming only the storage I allocate can be backed up on the Dell. So is there a way to associate an iSCSI LUN to storage space that is currently being used on the Synology? Is this a situation where we would have to create the iSCSI LUN before adding the data we want to backup? Or do I just need an iSCSI LUN on the drive in order to back up the entire drive?
Children
No Data