This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RollUp error : The offset is invalid

Hi all,

One of my replicated host get an error when the rollup job is trying to run for it :

Error

The offset is invalid

Error reading 0x800000 bytes at offset 0x17800000 from file 0x20000001044696 on volume 0x2 - Error(s) 'RpfsInvalidOffset'

Server side:

Replay.Core.Contracts.DedupeVolumeManager.DedupeVolumeManagerException: The offset is invalid

Error reading 0x800000 bytes at offset 0x17800000 from file 0x20000001044696 on volume 0x2 - Error(s) 'RpfsInvalidOffset'
   at Replay.Core.Implementation.Rollup.RollupJob.DoRollupInternal()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

I have a lot of other hosts replicating to this repostitory without any issue.

I tried to check the repository successfully.

What can I try to get rid of this error ?
Parents
  • Please open a support request for this issue. We have seen it in one other case and it appears to be caused by a defect in the rollup logic. The root cause seems to be that a volume you were backing up was extended at some point and the rollup logic is not properly handling the change in the volume size as it tries to merge recovery points. Our R&D team is working on a fix. Please post the Service Request number here once you get one and I'll do my best to help expedite the process.
  • Please open a support request for this issue. We have seen it in one other case and it appears to be caused by a defect in the rollup logic. The root cause seems to be that a volume you were backing up was extended at some point and the rollup logic is not properly handling the change in the volume size as it tries to merge recovery points. Our R&D team is working on a fix. Please post the Service Request number here once you get one and I'll do my best to help expedite the process.
Children
No Data