Job hungs every night

Hi,

I have a problem with the backup jobs on one of my machines. The job alwasys hung at 6% and I have to manually cancel the job to try again with the backup. I need help to troubleshoot the problem and solve it asap. See attached pictures.

Best regards

Poke

Parents
  • There is no way in the GUI to set specific volumes to only take base images. The Rapid Recovery software is designed and intended to have a single base image and then take incremental snapshots from then on. When going to restore you are then able to chose whichever recovery point you want to restore from and the software does all the work of merging the changes together and presenting you with the data as it was on the date of the recovery point. It's not necessary to have multiple base images.

As for the transfer failure this error is often caused by a mismatch between the core and agent version. It might also be caused by a network error in your environment during transfer causing the agent and core to lose communication with each other. Additional work has been done in Rapid Recovery to improve the resiliency of the connection between the core and the agent. I highly recommend upgrading to the latest version of the Rapid Recovery software version 6.1 on both the core and the agent. That should resolve the transfer issue. If it does not, please open a support case so that our Support Team can look deeper into the issue.
  • There is no way in the GUI to set specific volumes to only take base images. The Rapid Recovery software is designed and intended to have a single base image and then take incremental snapshots from then on. When going to restore you are then able to chose whichever recovery point you want to restore from and the software does all the work of merging the changes together and presenting you with the data as it was on the date of the recovery point. It's not necessary to have multiple base images.

As for the transfer failure this error is often caused by a mismatch between the core and agent version. It might also be caused by a network error in your environment during transfer causing the agent and core to lose communication with each other. Additional work has been done in Rapid Recovery to improve the resiliency of the connection between the core and the agent. I highly recommend upgrading to the latest version of the Rapid Recovery software version 6.1 on both the core and the agent. That should resolve the transfer issue. If it does not, please open a support case so that our Support Team can look deeper into the issue.
Children
No Data