Job hungs every night

Hi,

I have a problem with the backup jobs on one of my machines. The job alwasys hung at 6% and I have to manually cancel the job to try again with the backup. I need help to troubleshoot the problem and solve it asap. See attached pictures.

Best regards

Poke

Parents
  • Hi pokedoke:

To remove (or add) drives from protection and take snapshots of the remaining ones, please take a look at the steps in the picture below.

1. Select the machine to process

2. On the summary page navigate to the volumes section and expand the volumes info

3. Select the volume(s) you want to remove (or add to protection)

4. Hit "Set a schedule" (a window pops up)

5. Uncheck (to remove) or check (to add) Weekdays/Weekends checkboxes

6. Hit "Apply"

7. Force a snapshot

It is important to find out if you can backup at least one volume. If you can, it means that there may be some issue at volume level (for the volumes you cannot backup). Anyway, the errors you posted suggest a network disconnection. However this may be the result and not the cause of the failure. Please check the Windows logs for any issues (i.e. no room for VSS snapshots to grow, NTFS Error 55 etc.). If you are able to backup at least one volume, you may be able to pinpoint the issue to one volume and we can take it from there.

Please let us know how it goes.

• Hi pokedoke:

To remove (or add) drives from protection and take snapshots of the remaining ones, please take a look at the steps in the picture below.

1. Select the machine to process

2. On the summary page navigate to the volumes section and expand the volumes info

3. Select the volume(s) you want to remove (or add to protection)

4. Hit "Set a schedule" (a window pops up)

5. Uncheck (to remove) or check (to add) Weekdays/Weekends checkboxes

6. Hit "Apply"

7. Force a snapshot

It is important to find out if you can backup at least one volume. If you can, it means that there may be some issue at volume level (for the volumes you cannot backup). Anyway, the errors you posted suggest a network disconnection. However this may be the result and not the cause of the failure. Please check the Windows logs for any issues (i.e. no room for VSS snapshots to grow, NTFS Error 55 etc.). If you are able to backup at least one volume, you may be able to pinpoint the issue to one volume and we can take it from there.

Please let us know how it goes.

Children
No Data