This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Agent 6.1

After upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1 (core first, then agents a few days later); some of our servers are now redoing a backup base image, instead of an incremental. Over a slow wan link, this is painful to watch. Anyone had issues upgrading the agent to 6.1?

Parents
  • Upgrading the agents should not trigger a new base image. Here are the known reasons for why a base image will be triggered - support.quest.com/.../118467.

To discover specifically why your agents triggered a new base image you can follow this KB - support.quest.com/.../119700. It is written for AppAssure 5.4.3 and older so you'll need to use different paths for the log files. Other than that, all of the information should be the same.

Log path for Rapid Recovery Core = C:\ProgramData\AppRecovery\Logs\AppRecovery.log
    Log path for Rapid Recovery Agent = C:\ProgramData\AppRecovery\Logs\AppRecoveryPM.log

Based on my experience with upgrades and troubleshooting the reasons for base images, I would guess that the most likely reason is that Windows did not stop gracefully during the reboot for the Agent upgrade. I've seen that a number of times and because of that, it will cause a new base. But only a check through the Windows System logs and the Rapid Recovery logs will show you exactly what occurred.
  • Upgrading the agents should not trigger a new base image. Here are the known reasons for why a base image will be triggered - support.quest.com/.../118467.

To discover specifically why your agents triggered a new base image you can follow this KB - support.quest.com/.../119700. It is written for AppAssure 5.4.3 and older so you'll need to use different paths for the log files. Other than that, all of the information should be the same.

Log path for Rapid Recovery Core = C:\ProgramData\AppRecovery\Logs\AppRecovery.log
    Log path for Rapid Recovery Agent = C:\ProgramData\AppRecovery\Logs\AppRecoveryPM.log

Based on my experience with upgrades and troubleshooting the reasons for base images, I would guess that the most likely reason is that Windows did not stop gracefully during the reboot for the Agent upgrade. I've seen that a number of times and because of that, it will cause a new base. But only a check through the Windows System logs and the Rapid Recovery logs will show you exactly what occurred.
Children
No Data