This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Archiving a Protected Machine

I have created an Archive of a protected Machine to an external drive. For redundancy can I simply copy the contents of the external hard drive to another hard drive or do I need to create another copy through the RR Console for it to be recognised as a valid archive and recovery point?

Many Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi paulw:
    You can copy the contents of the archive on another volume if you desire so. The archive will still be valid. The issue that you may have is that the copy process may fail if using the regular Windows Copy-Paste, due to the size of some of the archive files. Therefore, it is a good idea to do the copy using an utility such as robocopy (which is built in windows) or, if you want the convenience of a GUI, rich copy (technet.microsoft.com/.../2009.04.utilityspotlight.aspx) which is another Microsoft utility. Of course there are many third party products performing the same.
    Hope that this helps.

• Hi paulw:
    You can copy the contents of the archive on another volume if you desire so. The archive will still be valid. The issue that you may have is that the copy process may fail if using the regular Windows Copy-Paste, due to the size of some of the archive files. Therefore, it is a good idea to do the copy using an utility such as robocopy (which is built in windows) or, if you want the convenience of a GUI, rich copy (technet.microsoft.com/.../2009.04.utilityspotlight.aspx) which is another Microsoft utility. Of course there are many third party products performing the same.
    Hope that this helps.

Children
No Data