This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Services not showing up in services control panel

On one of my 6 core servers I do not see the services when in the services control panel.  I need to be able to see the servicis to do clean shutdowns.

Does any one know how to get the to display?  I exported the servics entries from one of the other cores registry and inporeted them to the core that is having the problem that didnt fix it,  I tried doing a repair if the rapid recovery core install that didnt fix it.

• Hi dlpreston:
    Not sure that I fully understand the issue. It looks to me that you cannot find the Rapid Recovery services in services.msc.
    If Windows services do not show up in services.msc it is NOT because they are not present and running. Most likely the services.msc is pointing toward other machine (that does not have Rapid Recovery installed). To check if indeed it is the case, please open services.msc, go to actions, Connect to another computer and make sure that the "Local Computer" radio button is selected.

However, I may be mistaken and there is some kind of filter that does not allow you to see the Rapid Recovery Services. Assuming that this is the case, please open an elevated powershell console and consider the following commandlets (please note that the lines starting with a "#" are comments and do not need to be entered to get the desired results):

PS C:\> #list Rapid Recovery Services
    PS C:\> get-service Rapid*,Dell*

The result is shown below:

Status   Name               DisplayName
    ------   ----               -----------
    Running  DellDRLogSvc       DellDRLogSvc
    Running  RapidRecoveryAgent Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recove...
    Running  RapidRecoveryCore  Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recove...
    Running  RapidRecoveryMo... Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recove...
    Running  RapidRecoveryVM... Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recove...

As you see you must have at least 5 services if you run Rapid recovery 6.1 (if you have an Appliance, you may have an extra service).

You need to make sure that ALL the services are stopped.

PS C:\> #To get the full namesof the Rapid Recovery Services
    PS C:\> get-service Rapid*,Dell* | select name,displayname
    Name                     DisplayName
    ----                     -----------
    DellDRLogSvc             DellDRLogSvc
    RapidRecoveryAgent       Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery Agent Service
    RapidRecoveryCore        Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery Core Service
    RapidRecoveryMongod      Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery MongoDB service
    RapidRecoveryVMwareProxy Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery VMware Proxy Service

PS C:\> #Disable the Rapid Recovery Core Service (you need to do it to avoid the core service starting on)
    PS C:\> set-service RapidRecoveryCore -StartupType Disabled

PS C:\> #Enable the Rapid Recovery Core Service
    PS C:\> sc.exe config RapidRecoveryCore start= delayed-auto

PS C:\> #stop the core service
    PS C:\> stop-service RapidRecoveryCore

PS C:\> #start the core service
    PS C:\> start-service RapidRecoveryCore

PS C:\> #stop the other services that are still running after the core service stopped
    PS C:\> stop-service Rapid*,Dell*

Hope that this helps

• That was it, man do I feel foolish. Thanks