This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data Transfer Speeds Between Core and Client

Hi All

I have a dedicated 10GB link between my core and a protected server. I note the transfer speed is maxing out at around 120mb/s. I have investigated a little and can see I can amend the transfer rates but can only find articles referring to throttling the speed.

Can I increase settings to improve data transfer rates if so any recommendations?

Many Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi paulw,

I will assume the that default 3 concurrent transfers is still untouched. Therefore you would roughly have 3 machines going 120MBps with their transfers. In total that'd be around 360MBps transfer rates. You'll should review what other jobs on the Core are taking place such as virtual standbys, integrity checks, replication, or rollups. All of this reads and writes to your repository storage.

The next step would be to consider the maximum write and read speeds the disks your repository resides on can reach before further troubleshooting the transfer question that has been raised. If you have completed bench marks of reads and writes, please share the results. One tool that I like to use is CrystalDiskMark: crystalmark.info/.../index-e.html

You can also review your dedupe cache sizing and see if it needs to be increased: support.quest.com/.../134726. If more transferred data can be deduplicated, then the transfer rate will increase because less data is being committed to the repository.
  • Hi paulw,

I will assume the that default 3 concurrent transfers is still untouched. Therefore you would roughly have 3 machines going 120MBps with their transfers. In total that'd be around 360MBps transfer rates. You'll should review what other jobs on the Core are taking place such as virtual standbys, integrity checks, replication, or rollups. All of this reads and writes to your repository storage.

The next step would be to consider the maximum write and read speeds the disks your repository resides on can reach before further troubleshooting the transfer question that has been raised. If you have completed bench marks of reads and writes, please share the results. One tool that I like to use is CrystalDiskMark: crystalmark.info/.../index-e.html

You can also review your dedupe cache sizing and see if it needs to be increased: support.quest.com/.../134726. If more transferred data can be deduplicated, then the transfer rate will increase because less data is being committed to the repository.
Children
No Data