This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed on: Determining Data to Send

I am getting the following error from the "C" partition of a Windows 2008r2 DC on the first backup. The reserve partition and the data partition seem to not have this problem.

It appears that Dell has a KB about this and even though we have three Dell SonicWalls with current service contracts it will not let me read the KB after logging in.

https://support.software.dell.com/appassure/kb/177780

We do have Symantec Appassure running on the server being backed up but had AA backing it up prior to the upgrade to RR. If this will not work I need to know now before we pay for the license.

Parents
  • For any that may read this in the future:

I installed an agent on an old server set up by the same guys that did the problem servers and lo and behold it also fails with the same error on the same volume. It has to be something they did when they partitioned the arrays because they all seem to do it.

Since the machine was not really in service I tried the live resizing and it seemed to work and reboot. I am transferring the volumes from it as we speak.

Tim's answer and the KB was clearly was right and I was wrong. I do think the KB's should be published though.
  • For any that may read this in the future:

I installed an agent on an old server set up by the same guys that did the problem servers and lo and behold it also fails with the same error on the same volume. It has to be something they did when they partitioned the arrays because they all seem to do it.

Since the machine was not really in service I tried the live resizing and it seemed to work and reboot. I am transferring the volumes from it as we speak.

Tim's answer and the KB was clearly was right and I was wrong. I do think the KB's should be published though.
Children
No Data