This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Physical disk free space and repository free space discrepancy

Hello I'm new to Appassure so I apologize in advance for a probably newbie question.

I have a 15TB repository which is the physical disk of our Appassure server. It's showing 82GB of free space. When I go in to the Appassure console it shows this repository has 8.79TB free. 

What am I missing here? If there is truly 8.79TB free, how do I reclaim that from the windows file system?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Nope. When a repository is created RR thick provisions the repository and consumes all the space on the disk immediately. Windows then shows you exactly how much space is used by the repository. The used space won't ever change unless you manually add an extent to the repository to increase it's size.

To track the free/used space in a repository you have to open the RR console and check there. Windows only knows how much space the repository files are consuming. It has no idea what is actually in the repository. Think of the repository as it's own file system in which data is stored.
  • Nope. When a repository is created RR thick provisions the repository and consumes all the space on the disk immediately. Windows then shows you exactly how much space is used by the repository. The used space won't ever change unless you manually add an extent to the repository to increase it's size.

To track the free/used space in a repository you have to open the RR console and check there. Windows only knows how much space the repository files are consuming. It has no idea what is actually in the repository. Think of the repository as it's own file system in which data is stored.
Children
No Data