This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Difference in recovery points between core and replication server

I have a core server and replication one running 6.1.1.137

i started the replication process but not all recovery points are copied.

Here is the lsit of Main core server

This is my Replication 

How can i have the same recovery points on both?

Parents
  • Tim, great info!

I have a question about the dedup cache. I run into a lot of Core's that don't have a lot of memory available so I don't like to guess on the sizing. The recommendations are a good guideline but there are always Core/ Data that falls outside, like this Core it seems. You mention his Core config falls within the guidelines but recommend he double the cache to deal with his data.

The Core is obviously aware that he has filled the cache up and is sending un-duplicated data accross the wire, does he log this anywhere?

If its not, can you think of any way that we maybe able to find this out? I am thinking looking at the PrimaryCache\cache.data file directly (size or some other query method)

Even if your Core has tons of memory, no one wants to over-commit memory to a process that does not need it. And if your cache settings are to low, it has a large impact on traffic across the wire so I would expect the core to give us some feedback on what it needs
  • Tim, great info!

I have a question about the dedup cache. I run into a lot of Core's that don't have a lot of memory available so I don't like to guess on the sizing. The recommendations are a good guideline but there are always Core/ Data that falls outside, like this Core it seems. You mention his Core config falls within the guidelines but recommend he double the cache to deal with his data.

The Core is obviously aware that he has filled the cache up and is sending un-duplicated data accross the wire, does he log this anywhere?

If its not, can you think of any way that we maybe able to find this out? I am thinking looking at the PrimaryCache\cache.data file directly (size or some other query method)

Even if your Core has tons of memory, no one wants to over-commit memory to a process that does not need it. And if your cache settings are to low, it has a large impact on traffic across the wire so I would expect the core to give us some feedback on what it needs
Children
No Data