This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving everything to a new server.

We have a core with some machines that are being replicated.

The machines and the repository will go to a new server.

I've been looking around and found a few guides on moving the repository.

What I have in mind is installing a 2012 server that has more hardware resources that the one I currently have, but using the same repository.

I know I'll have downtime, I'm ok with whatever time it takes to move everything.

Just looking for suggestions on the recommended steps.

Thank you very much for your time.

Parents
  • That is correct. Sorry, I got the replication piece from the first line of the original post, no problem.

That is correct, you would:

1) Build new core
    2) Gracefully shutdown old core: support.quest.com/.../119400
    3) Expose repo to the new core, and then attach it: support.quest.com/.../11
    4) Then the core will show the agents on the left under 'recovery points only' so you will reprotect them (Protect > Protect Machine) point the new core to your agents
    5) Once protected your old RPs will move from 'recovery points only' to the Recovery points tab for the agents, and they will all be associated by agent ID.
  • That is correct. Sorry, I got the replication piece from the first line of the original post, no problem.

That is correct, you would:

1) Build new core
    2) Gracefully shutdown old core: support.quest.com/.../119400
    3) Expose repo to the new core, and then attach it: support.quest.com/.../11
    4) Then the core will show the agents on the left under 'recovery points only' so you will reprotect them (Protect > Protect Machine) point the new core to your agents
    5) Once protected your old RPs will move from 'recovery points only' to the Recovery points tab for the agents, and they will all be associated by agent ID.
Children
No Data