This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving everything to a new server.

We have a core with some machines that are being replicated.

The machines and the repository will go to a new server.

I've been looking around and found a few guides on moving the repository.

What I have in mind is installing a 2012 server that has more hardware resources that the one I currently have, but using the same repository.

I know I'll have downtime, I'm ok with whatever time it takes to move everything.

Just looking for suggestions on the recommended steps.

Thank you very much for your time.

Parents
  • Hi Eramos:

You may want to check KB#227314 (How to replace a RapidRecovery or AppAssure Core with minimal downtime). It gives you a step by step process and addresses some "gotchas" that you may encounter during moving your backup/replication from one core to another.

The case discussed in the KB takes into consideration an environment consisting from a source core performing backups which is replicating to a Target core. The Source core is the one to be replaced while keeping replication current.

Hope that this helps.

• Hi Eramos:

You may want to check KB#227314 (How to replace a RapidRecovery or AppAssure Core with minimal downtime). It gives you a step by step process and addresses some "gotchas" that you may encounter during moving your backup/replication from one core to another.

The case discussed in the KB takes into consideration an environment consisting from a source core performing backups which is replicating to a Target core. The Source core is the one to be replaced while keeping replication current.

Hope that this helps.

Children
No Data